Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Dont Gots No Bad Grammers

Holy Crap People. The class I'm taking this session is called "Essential Business Skills" but it's essentially Business Communication - how to write for business.

We have to post answers to a discussion question once a week. These people are discussing grammar, spelling etc. in their answers, BUT THEY HAVE NOT A CLUE HOW TO USE IT THEMSELVES. How did all these people get to college level? Seriously - most of the posts I read had AT LEAST one spelling error and SEVERAL grammatical errors. Not that I profess to be a genius, but at least I use spell check and make an effort to sound like an intelligent human being when I'm submitting work that others will read and comment on.

What really sucks is that most of these idiots will probably pass the class. Hell, they passed their elementary, middle, and high school English classes without a proper understanding of grammar and spelling (nor how to form complete, coherent sentences) why should college be any different? And people wonder why America is going to hell in a hand basket.