Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why Bother?

I want to know why I should bother to have insurance. Seriously. I pay 175 every pay period (that's every two weeks) for my son and I to have coverage (and that's a discounted rate - my employer pays extra for my coverage vs. others in my office).

We went to a DOCTOR'S OFFICE to see the cardiologist. They did the EKG THERE - IN THE OFFICE. But because the doctor was in the Shand's Medical Plaza (which is affiliated with Shand's Hospital) I have to pay an outpatient hospital services co-pay of $200 FOR EACH TEST THEY DID instead of $75 for "diagnostic services". WTF??!!

And the neuro we're supposed to see - he's also in the Shand's Medical Plaza. I tried looking up another Pediatric Neuro or "independent testing facility" (since I know they're going to want to do an EEG). Yea.... this is Gainesville. They are OWNED by UF and Shands. THERE IS NO WHERE ELSE TO GO.

BLUE CROSS CAN KISS MY ASS