Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Deliverance Has Visited Upon Me

Da da Da da Da da Da da DAAAA

So I have to thank T1G as he reminded my of a funny story.....

When we went to the hospital for Patrick's surgery we had quite the experience. There we were in the waiting room, and this mother sits across from us and starts up a conversation. At first I was like cool, a distraction. But oh how I lived to regret those words. I think she was THE definition of in-bred hillbilly. Her son was in getting his tubes REMOVED as they caused more problems than they helped (part of the reason my husband and I are so against them for Patrick, but I digress) anywho, she seemed nice enough but really loud, and mildly retarded. So then she says, I saw you guys in the pre-surgery waiting room, your son is the SPINACH IMAGE of his daddy, I told my husband, I bet that's his daddy, he's the SPINACH IMAGE of him. blah de blah blah..... At this point I'm trying REALLY hard not to laugh, just saying yea and uh huh and in the right places, praying desperately that she will LEAVE ME ALONE. So after a while I guess she got the picture because she left. Anyway a short while later, her mom/sister/cousin comes back in and asks where her husband/cousin/grandfather is. She thinks he's in the bathroom (which by the way is right there in the waiting room). So she proceeds to check. And opens the door (to the men's room) and starts yelling hey - ya in here? To which he responds, and then, THEN SHE PROCEEDS TO STAND THERE WITH THE DOOR OPEN AND HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH HIM WHILE HE'S TAKING A SHIT. And you could tell he was 'cause he was straining. I mean for like five minutes people. I almost died! They really should keep these people locked up. Then, they called to tell her to bring a bottle back for her kid and she's walking around the waiting room asking for a pocketknife so she can open her can of formula. And of course, grandpa/cousin/brother has one. For cyring out loud. I blame my mother in law - she works with mentally disabled people, they are drawn to her like flies.

TTFN