Monday, May 05, 2008

My Kid is a Genius and Other Exciting News

Patrick is just developing in leaps and bounds now. I was starting to get worried that he wasn't crawling or anything yet (yes I *know* he was a preemie and it is SUPPOSED to take a little longer) but just in the last week he is crawling as a regular mode of transportation. He has also figured out how to sit up from his tummy and to get back down when he's done sitting up. He has sprouted yet ANOTHER tooth - this one on the top and also NOT in the front. AND, already in the last few days that he is crawling, he is trying to find things to pull himself up on. I am very pleased. He is getting sooooooo big!

More exciting news - I found out St. Leo's has a sattelite campus at Santa Fe Community College here in Gainesville and the tuition is about half that of the online program so I don't have to go broke attending school if they indeed freeze the Florida Resident Access Grant I wanted to get.

Even better exciting news....

I GOTS ME A NEW CAR PEOPLE!!! WITH FOUR DOORS AND NO STICK SHIFT!!! AND POWER WINDOWS AND DOOR LOCKS AND CRUISE CONTROL!!!! AND IT'S PRETTY!!!!

I got a 04 Honda Accord - 42k miles on it, and got a heck of a deal - my husband and I work well together. I will try and take some pics when I get home tonight and post them. It's white, with camel interior - and it's the micro-suede - very nice! The car is IMMACULATE, I think old people owned it before. I am so excited to NOT be driving my old car anymore, though it was a very good car while it lasted.

The good thing about having a husband who is a mechanic - once you tell them that they pretty much quit trying to sell you junk and let you pick what you like.

:)