Friday, April 20, 2007

Is It Good News, or Bad News?

So now that I'm over my frustration I can tell you all about my doctor's visit today. So my appointment was at 11:30. Guess what time I actually got to see the doctor? 2 F'n thirty!!!!
He was already behind schedule when I got there at 20 after 11, so I had to wait until about 12:15 before they took me back. Then I sat in the room for about 10 mintues before they came in and told me he had to leave for an emergency C-section and to please come back at 1. Ok, well that's fine, if he has an emergency, what else can I do right? So I went and had lunch and came back at 1. Then sat there for another hour before they took me back again. Where I sat for another 1/2 hour before the doctor even came in the room. AAARRRGGGG! Just very frustrating. Good thing I don't have a job right now.

Anywho - he said I DON'T have diabetes, which is good, but that I'm "glucose intolerant." I've never heard that before. They want to send me to some teaching thing, that I guess teaches you how to eat properly so I don't get diabetes. Go figure. Can't they just tell me to avoid sugary substances and be done with it? Why do I have to go to a class? Whatever. As long as I don't have to pay for it I guess it's okay.

TTFN