Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Need Opinions

From Everyone - yes, you too lurker.

BTW - does everyone hate Patrick's haircut or what?!

Anywho - part of my depression as of late has been due to money issues - which directly relate to the job I'm in - don't get me wrong I like it and all, but I just don't see any chance of advancement and/or a raise any time soon. Not to mention no chance of a return to my glorified bookkeeper/accounting position any time soon either. SO, in light of the fact that much money has been spent to get myself a bachelor's degree and in light of the fact that I am getting more and more disgruntled with my new position every day, I polished up my resume and have been actively looking for open positions (not that there are very many). I found one the other day that looked like it might fit what I was looking for and applied. Go figure, they called today to schedule an interview.

Here's my dilemma - I have NOT told my current employer yet. I am not sure how they will react. SO, should I tell them now, or wait to see if they offer me a position? With jobs few and far between, I am afraid if I do tell them now, and I don't get an offer anytime soon, my life here could become miserable real quick. On the other hand - I feel like I should just in case the "new job" wants to call and check my details. So what do you all think?