Thursday, July 20, 2006

More Wedding Updates

Ok - are you all sick of hearing about this stuff yet??????

We met with the photographer yesterday, his pictures are awesome, so we hired him. AND - $410 total for the ceremony and reception. WOOOOO HOOOOO

We're thinking we may not need a DJ after all. I don't know if anyone in the family will dance. I'm thinking I'll create a wedding mix on the iPod or something.

Yesterday I had a HUGE scare with the venue. We met with the Manager of the place two weeks ago, decided we liked it, and he agreed to hold it for us. His secretary (who does the contracts) was going to be on vacation all the following week (last week) and so he told us to call back sometime this week so we could have her write up the contract. Well, I called yesterday morning, and she tells me that they are already booked on that day.

WHAT!!!???!!!!

At this point I start panicking. I told her he promised us that he would hold the room until she was back and she said sorry, it's already reserved. So I get in touch with the guy we originally talked to and tell him this must be some kind of mistake, you told us you would hold it until the secretary was back. Well he didn't get back to me right away, so I spent the first few hours of the day literally in tears cause I knew there was no way we'd find another place on such short notice. Finally he got back to me and said sorry for the mistake, we'll move the other party. And all was right with the world again..... I'm going this afternoon to sign the contract and drop off the deposit. Hopefully, we don't have anymore big scares like that, I don't think I can take it.