Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Just Really PO'd Right Now

So - we were given a "charity care" packet at the ER when they sent my husband home - they said fill out the paperwork and once it's in the system call them back to do the surgery. Basically she was telling us that they HAD to have the paperwork in the system beforehand or they couldn't discount anything. That's the main reason they sent us home instead of just doing everything while we were there last week. I've been calling the hospital since Tuesday and finally today got through to the person I needed to speak to. She said - and I quote " that's a bunch of crap". I am so pissed right now I don't even know what to say. They could have done all this last week and we could be done with it by now. Instead my husband has SUFFERED ALL WEEK in pain. Man I want to hit someone. And the worse news - we will get AT MOST a 50% discount. That means will could still end up UP TO OUR EYEBALLS IN DEBT. But there is nothing we can do about it, the surgery is necessary - his stone is to big to break up and too big to pass on its own.

Not to mention today is the anniversary of 9/11. You know, that day where the terrorists attacked us - yea, you remember. Pray for the families of the victims today.