Thursday, May 04, 2006

Doh!

So, I seem to have a hard time coming up with anything interesting to post. Yea, I do the cute quotes, and the dumb American Idol assessments, and the funny emails - and every now and then I find it in me to share my grades in school and bitch about my ex and the ongoing house saga. When I started this blog though, my intent was to actually post things of some substance every now and then. Well truth be told, I intended for it to be more often than naught.

But for some reason, I just can't seem to do it. Some of my favorites out there can take any old thing, and turn it into an awesome story and it just cracks me up. Sure, I have ideas. I'll see something and think - hey, I bet I could write something cool about that - and then either I get distracted (maybe I have ADD) or I just don't have time at that moment to put the effort into actually sitting down and writing something witty and intelligent.

Hey, check it out - I've managed to ramble on about nothing for two whole paragraphs. I wonder how long I can keep this up?? So in the spirit of tradition here's the latest update on my life.... Seriously folks - any ideas? I know I have the ability to put fingers to keyboard and most of the time with little effort come up with something decent (when it comes to school work that is) so it's not that I lack the intelligence.....

I have tons and tons of stories about my nephew (he's 2 1/2) - he is just the cutest thing on the planet. I could probably bore you all day. For instance - he just recently learned how to tell which car is mine, and how to say my name. So every time they come home and I'm here, I can hear him all the way up the driveway going "Carmen's car, Carmen's car, and then when he comes inside he says CARMEN! YOU'RE HOME!!! Before that, he used to always call me "him". Don't ask me where he got that from, but it's the funniest thing ever. Right now we're actually trying to teach him that his name is not "boy". He'll go all the way around the room and tell you everyone's name, but when you ask him what his name is, he yells, BOY! And we have to tell him, no you're name is "C" and the way it comes out is just to die for it's so cute.

So I'll have to post some pics of him later so you can see just how adorable he is (right now I'm at Mom's doing laundry so I don't have any with me).

Maybe I'll read something later and be inspired to post something else - until then, it's time to go play crash the cars!