Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm Back

But I feel like ass. Details from this weekend:

Old people suck - Friday night was very boring, everybody was in bed by 10 so we had to go to bed too.....

BF's landlord is having the house tiled - the guys were there at 8am Saturday morning to start tiling - I guess it's a good thing we weren't up late Friday night.....the two red headed brothers got up early to move everything out of the bedrooms so they could do the back half of the house - all three bedrooms and one of the bathrooms. So since everything was piled up in the living room and the house was hot (all doors and windows were open) we went out with the landlord (who is the next door neighbor) on the boat. I believe it was the Suwannee river but I can't say for sure. All I know is it was hot, the water was cold, and the rum tasted good. Needless to say when a bunch of rednecks go out on the river in boats, they tend to haul ass, thus creating choppy waters. Boy does my ass HURT from bouncing in the boat. Stayed out for a few (four) hours, got a red neck (literally) then went to his bosses house for a "Kentucky Derby" party.
His wife and daughter are way into horses and I guess his daughter is leaving for Michigan on Friday so it was kind of a combo going away party.

Sunday we went out to the gun range (YEA!). I got to shoot the AR15 - damn I'm in love with that gun.....I wouldn't expect it, but there is no recoil at all....bunches of fun to shoot, but only put about 5 rounds through it - definitely have to shoot that one some more. Put about 30 rounds through the SKS, and about 50 or so in the Ruger. I also shot two rounds through the .308, and at 200 yards I was about an inch and a half off the bullseye! But I have to say the hi-light of the day was the clip I emptied in the M1A (no, I don't know how many rounds it was). That gun is unbelievably heavy but amazingly easy to shoot. I tore the center out of the target at about 75 yards.

When we got home, the tilers had finished grouting, so we (I) spent the afternoon (after my nap that is) mopping. Don't worry, it was by choice. BF started mopping and at the rate he was going we would have never had time to put the furniture back in so I took over. After going over it about four times, we put all the furniture back in his room. I think his bro was taking it easy Sunday cause his stuff is still all in the kitchen/dining room. Got up at four this morning and drove the three hours home.

Started feeling like crap around 9:30 or so - my sinuses are burning, I can't stop sneezing, and my throat really hurts. I feel hot, but I don't have a fever. I'm not sure if it's all the dust from the floor yesterday or what, but it really sucks. So now, I'm going to go lay down and hopefully I'll feel better when I get up.

Oh yea, and we have beans, radishes, and pretty soon squash.